How to apply
2018 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE
Fill in and prepare all the required documents
Create an account to access the online form
Fill in the application form and upload all required documents
Submit your application
The scholarship application can take up to five hours to fill in if you have all the correct information in hand. All the information entered in the form will be automatically saved and you will be able to save the application and come back to it later.
As the volume of incoming applications is extremely high around the deadline, we strongly urge you to submit your application as early as possible. Please note that applications sent by email or mail will not be accepted.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in sustainable energy development
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
What are the required documents?
You must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Upload a copy of your official letter of admission from the university
- If you have not yet received a letter of admission, you can upload an acknowledgement of receipt from your university showing that you have applied for admission
- If you receive your official admission letter after the scholarship application deadline, it is your responsibility to forward it via email to email@example.com by no later than April 20, 2018. If we do not receive your official admission letter by this date, your application will not be considered
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year program, please include proof of enrolment
- Program outline
- Upload an outline of the curriculum or the courses you will be taking for your master’s program
- University transcript(s)
- Upload a copy of your complete university transcript(s)
- If the language of your original transcript(s) is not English, we require a certified translation of the document which includes the name of the translator as well as a copy of the original (untranslated) transcript
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year master’s program, please include your transcript for your first year
- Academic Reference Form
- You need to provide a completed copy of the Academic Reference Form. The form must be completed in English.
- The form must be completed by a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities
- Should the referee wish to send the Academic Reference Form directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2018. Once received, it will be indicated in the online application system
- Academic or personal reference letter
- You need to provide one reference letter from either an academic or personal referee
- The reference needs to be in letterform (with an official letterhead of the referee’s organization, if possible), written in English, and must be dated and signed by the referee
- An academic referee must be a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities. They cannot be the same person as the individual who completes your Academic Reference Form.
- A personal referee should be a person (e.g. employer, supervisor, mentor, coach) who can discuss other personal qualities or interests that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship. This referee cannot be a family member
- Please make sure that the referee includes your full name in their letter
- Should the referee wish to send their letter directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can send email it to email@example.com by March 9, 2018. Once received, it will be indicated in the online application system