Announcing our 2018 scholarship recipients
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) is excited to announce the winners of its 2018 master’s scholarships in sustainable energy development. This year’s recipients come from China, Ethiopia, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nigeria and Sudan. An independent academic selection jury selected these outstanding students from a pool of over 440 applicants.
The 2018 GSEP scholarship recipients:
- Minqi Cao from China will pursue an M.Sc. Energy Science and Technology at ETH Zurich in Switzerland
- Abidemi Eleyele from Nigeria will pursue an M.Sc. Renewable Electricity Production at Uppsala University in Sweden
- Mhret Berhe Gebremariam from Ethiopia will pursue the Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Sustainable Transportation and Electrical Power Systems at the Instituto Politécnico de Coimbra in Portugal, the University of Oviedo in Spain, and the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom
- Mohamed Elhafiz Elgassim Hassan from Sudan will pursue an M.Sc. Renewable Electricity Production at Uppsala University in Sweden
- Andrea Iris Joseph Thaddeus from India is pursuing a Joint Master's in Management and Engineering of Environment and Energy (ME3) in Europe
- Suraiya Rahman from India will pursue an M.Tech. in Renewable Energy Engineering and Management at the TERI School of Advanced Studies in India
- Zaira Renteria Palomares from Mexico will pursue a Joint Master’s in Management and Engineering of Environment and Energy (ME3) in Europe
- Loana Vega from Nicaragua will pursue an M.Sc. Sustainable Energy Futures at Imperial College London in the United Kingdom
Congratulations to this year’s recipients and thank you to all those who applied. The application for the 2019 scholarships will be available in January 2019. The scholarship is dedicated to students from developing countries pursuing master’s studies in sustainable energy development. Since 2001, our scholarship program has helped 122 students from 35 different countries pursue their academic goals.