Although electrification has been identified as a key enabler to achieve net-zero targets, its pace is still far too slow to ensure a 1.5°C trajectory. Increased synergy between stakeholders is needed to unlock new business cases and propel a zero-carbon future. Collaboration between businesses and utilities to electrify their sectors is demonstrating clear environmental, social and economic benefits for communities. However, coherent and stable policy frameworks and well-targeted regulatory mechanisms are still needed to create a level playing field and lower the initial up-front investment to stimulate the uptake of electrified solutions and enable a clean and secure energy future.
- Daniele Agostini, Head of Energy and Climate Policies, Enel
- Thomas Birr, Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, E.ON
- Kristen Siemen, Chief Sustainability Officer, General Motors
- Gwenaelle Avice Huet, Chief Strategy & Sustainability Officer, Schneider Electric
- Thomas Deloison, Director – Mobility, WBCSD
Watch the recording: